한국식물분류학회

제51회 정기학술대회

[발표정보]
초록제목

Genetic diversity and population structure of Pyrus ussuriensis var. hakunensis (Rosaceae): Insights into infraspecific taxonomic status and relationship to cultivated population in Korea

초록

 

Pyrus (tribe Maleae), which includes economically important fruit trees, is widely distributed in Asia, Europe, and North Africa. Three primary species (P. ussuriensis, P. calleryana, and P. pyrifolia) and numerous infraspecific taxa occur in Korea. Of several infraspecific taxa, P. ussuriensis var. hakunensis occurs exclusively in Mt. Baekun-san with the diagnostic feature of densely brown haired twigs and petioles. Previsous studies provided limited knowledge toward our understanding of overall species relationships and evaluation of infraspecific taxa. We newly developed and utilized 12 SSR markers to estimate genetic diversity and assess relationship among wild and cultivated accessions of P. ussuriensis. A total of 52 individuals (37 wild form Baekun-san and 15 cultivated, known as “Baekun Pear”, from Gwangyang) of P. ussuriensis var. hakunensis and 85 individuals of P. ussuriensis were collected from Korea, China, and Russia. The genetic diversity of P. ussuriensis var. hakunensis was substainly higher, with numerous private alleles, than that of its close relative P. ussuriensis, and overall Korean populations of P. ussuriensis exhibited higher diversity than the populations from neighboring countries. The AMOVA suggested that 70% of variance was found within populations, while the rest (30%) was among populations. The cultivated accessions of P. ussuriensis var. hakunensis from Gwangyang is closely related to P. ussuriensis population in Gurye, questioning its origin. The STRUCTURE analysis identified three genetic groups: (1) P. ussuriensis from Korea, China, and Russia, (2) wild population of P. ussuriensis var. hakunensis, and (3) P. ussuriensis in Gurye and cultivated accessions of P. ussuriensis var. hakunensis. Limited gene flow appears to be a driving factor for differentiation of P. ussuriensis var. hakunensis. P. ussuriensis var. hakunensis as a distinct taxon based on subtle diagnostic feature and geographic distribution seems questionable. However, the current study showed that P. ussuriensis var. hakunensis harbor unique gene pool, possibly diverged significantly from the remaining populations of P. ussuriensis. Therefore, further study using NGS-based technologies (e.g., GBS, MIG-Seq, etc) will shed light on taxonomic status and evaluation of numerous infraspecific taxa of P. ussuriensis and related taxa.


 

발표자료 식물분류학회
분야
발표방법 포스터발표
이메일 01028583903@naver.com

목록    수정